- Access to professional colleagues and networking opportunities.
- Invitations to member-only events, including luncheons.
- Exclusive Continued Legal Education (CLE) programs.
- Forthcoming access to member-only resources on the PAR website.
- Discount from Liberty Mutual - PAR members are eligible for exclusive pricing through Liberty Mutual which automatically provides 10% off auto insurance and 5% off home insurance. PAR members also have a dedicated insurance agent available for full no obligation consultations and is even available evenings and weekends for your convenience. Please contact Liberty Mutual Agent Michael Barry at 585-919-9774 or by e-mail at Michael.Barry@LibertyMutual.com for further details or to set-up a free quote!
- And much more!
When you join PAR, you also become a member of the National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. ("NFPA"). NFPA is the largest and oldest national paralegal association in the USA, representing over 21,000 paralegals. NFPA provides an effective means of communicating issues of national importance and serves as a unified voice in the development of the profession. By belonging to PAR a portion of your dues is sent to NFPA for your membership in NFPA, of which a percentage also pays for your National Paralegal Reporter subscription.
NFPA benefits include:
- Subscription to the quarterly magazine The National Paralegal Reporter.
- Access to member-only resources on the NFPA website, including networking, online discussions, materials and information.
- Opportunities to network with paralegals across the country.
- Member prices for various NFPA events.
- Discounts on publications and CLEs as well as preferred rates with certain retailers and websites.
- Access to exclusive scholarships and awards.
- Opportunities for involvement in the profession at the national level.
- For a full listing of benefits, please see the NFPA website and sign in as a member: www.paralegals.org.
PAR is also a member of the Empire State Alliance of Paralegal Associations, Inc. ("ESAPA"). In 1988 five NYS paralegal associations met and formed ESAPA. The statewide alliance arose from the need to strengthen the paralegal profession in NYS through networking. ESAPA’s goals include: network with established paralegal associations across NYS: outreach to aid new and growing associations: develop working relationships with local bar associations, paralegal associations and other law-related entities: establish criteria for curricula of paralegal education programs: keep informed on paralegal issues at local, state and national levels and monitor legislative issues affecting the paralegal profession.