NFPA's 2018 Annual Convention and Policy Meeting is scheduled for October 25-28, 2018 in Seattle, WA. Please click here to visit our events page for more information or visit the NFPA website at www.paralegals.org.
PAR is pleased to announce that it has established a partnership with Casa Larga Vineyards. Please click here for additional information and/or visit Casa Larga's website at https://www.casalarga.com/par/.
The Paralegal Association of Rochester, Inc. (PAR) is proud to announce that Bonnie Brooks received the 2018 Paralegal of the Year Award. Bonnie is a Senior Litigation Paralegal at Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP and serves on the PAR Board as the Director of Website/Employment. The award was presented to her by William G. Bauer, Esq., a partner from Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP, at the PAR Annual Dinner held at Joey's Party House in Penfield on May 23, 2018. Mr. Bauer spoke highly of Bonnie and mentioned she could also be "Teacher of the year or Employee of the Year…." It is an amazing honor that is well deserved. Congratulations Bonnie! Thank you for all of your efforts in PAR and the paralegal profession!
- Operation Gratitude - PAR is honored to partner with NFPA and NFPA's Pro Bono and Armed Forces Committees in a corporate partnership with Operation Gratitude to send care packages to our U.S. troops, first responders, veterans, military families and wounded heroes & their care givers. The care packages will include entertainment, hygiene and handmade items, non-perishable snacks and personal letters of appreciation. It is our privilege to express our gratitude to those who serve. We will collect care package items from our members and attendees of future events. For more information on Operation Gratitude, please visit www.operationgratitude.com.
- NFPA Spotlights PAR - As many of you may read in NFPA's February 21, 2018 News You Can Use, PAR was honored to be the Spotlighted Association. Please click here to read the entire article submitted by PAR's NFPA Primary Representative, Deborah Wilcox Mabry.
- We are proud to welcome you to our new website. Members may access the Members Only section by logging into the website at the upper right of the screen.
- Are you getting the most out of your membership? Check out the list of Member Benefits and NFPA member benefits to ensure you aren't missing out on our affiliates' services, CLEs, discounts and more.
- Recent announcement from MCBA: Effective January 18, 2017, Monroe County Supreme Court shall implement E-Filing for Supreme Court matters according to the following anticipated schedule:
- January 18, 2017: E-Filing shall be optional for all “basic civil” Supreme Court filings (civil filings that are NOT: matrimonials, foreclosures, mental hygiene, Article 78 and habeas corpus matters)
- March 2017: E-Filing shall be optional for all Civil Supreme Court filings (INCLUDING matrimonials, foreclosures, mental hygiene, Article 78 and habeas corpus matters)
- Summer 2017: E-Filing shall be MANDATORY for all “basic civil” Supreme Court filings (civil filings that are NOT: matrimonials, foreclosures, mental hygiene, Article 78 and habeas corpus matters).
December 12, 2018 12:00 PM
First Federal Plaza, 28 East Main St., Conference Room, Rochester, NY 14614
January 11, 2019 4:00 PM
85 West Broad Street, Rochester, NY 14614
September 20, 2019 4:00 PM
Shadow Lake Golf Club, 1850 Five Mile Line Road, Penfield, NY 14526